Elton John hospitalized, cancels Las Vegas shows
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Georgia Aquarium/Pacific Coast News2 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: SNAPPER/REHAB/Bauer-Griffin5 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Michael Putland/Retna Ltd.11 of 17
- Photo: Tina Lau/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: LUCA BRUNO/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 17
Elton John was hospitalized on Wednesday and has canceled his Las Vegas shows through the weekend.
A spokeswoman for The Colosseum at Caesars Palace tells ET that Elton developed a serious respiratory infection last Sunday and the condition worsened, requiring him to be hospitalized Wednesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
After extensive tests at the hospital, doctors recommended that the pop star suspend performances for at least the next seven days to focus on getting adequate rest while he is treated with antibiotics.
Speaking about the cancellations, Elton said in a statement: "It feels strange not to be able to perform these 'Million Dollar Piano' concerts at The Colosseum. I love performing this show and I will be thrilled when we return to The Colosseum in October to complete the eleven concerts soon to be scheduled. All I can say to the fans is sorry I can't be with you. I hope to see you soon at this wonderful theatre at Caesars Palace."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »