Elton John to write book about the AIDS crisis
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/GettyImages.com3 of 17
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin5 of 17
- Photo: Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Sebastian Widmann/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News9 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Jon Bond/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Seth Wenig/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com14 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com16 of 17
LONDON (AP) -- Elton John is writing his first book, a personal account of the AIDS crisis.
The musician says "Love is the Cure: Ending the Global Aids Epidemic" will include memories of friends who died of AIDS-related illnesses, including Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.
RELATED: Stars Who Came Out of the Closet
British publisher Hodder & Stoughton says the book will be published in July along with an audio book read by the British pop star. The U.S. publisher is Little, Brown Book Group.
Proceeds will go to the Elton John's AIDS Foundation.
John said Monday the book would ask why more is not being done to cure the disease.
He said AIDS "is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers."
'Full House' 2
Get all the scoop on who's in and who's out for Netflix's "Fuller House," on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Blake Lively chats motherhood, HGTV and rocking an amazing wardrobe in "The Age of Adaline" on Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Man?
From Crowd Ignite