False Reports of Van Morrison Being A New Father Due To Hacker
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: MSN2 of 4
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Notoriously private rock legend Van Morrison took to an Irish radio station to publicly respond to reports that he had fathered a child with his American manager, Gigi Lee.
According to a report by MSNBC, Morrison, 64, called the report “utterly without foundation," and blamed the false information on a hacker. News agencies quickly picked up the story after a post announcing the birth of a "little Van" appeared on the singer's Web site on Tuesday.
In a statement to RTÉ's "News at One" on Thursday, Morrison said his management team is conducting an “immediate investigation” into the Web attack. He also said that he is happily married to wife Michelle Morrison.
The bogus report said the baby, named George Ivan Morrison III, was “the spitting image of his daddy.”
Morrison added that this is the second time in three months that his Web site has fallen victim to hackers.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee has had a long career in music and is best known for tunes such as "Gloria" and "Brown Eyed Girl," and "Moondance." He has a 39-year-old daughter, singer-songwriter Shana Morrison, from his first marriage to Janet Minto.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite