Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole in Our Lives'
- Photo: WENN1 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 20
- Photo: CHAC/LMAC/DWE/ZDS/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: ABC/RRAC/CHAC/ZDS/ZOB/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: George Chin/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 20
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 20
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 20
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/18 of 20
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN19 of 20
One day after Amy Winehouse's tragic death, her family has issued a statement regarding the 27-year-old singer's untimely passing.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family tells Us Weekly in a statement. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
The "You Know I'm No Good" singer is survived by her father, Mitch, her mother, Janis, and her older brother, Alex. Winehouse's father was in New York when he learned of her death. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Janis believed her daughter's death had been "only a matter of time" when they met just 24 hours earlier. "She seemed out of it," Janis said. "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
When their visit was over, Winehouse said: "I love you, mum."
"They are the words I will always treasure," Janis now says. "I'm glad I saw her when I did."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
From Britney Spears’ body to her love life, get all the buzz on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Joan Rivers on Sandra Bullock
Joan Rivers lets loose about Sandra Bullock's divorce situation.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Kelly Osbourne enjoys a girls night out with Taylor Swift and Chrissy Teigen on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen shows off her hidden talent for magic tricks while hubby John Legend plays with his new selfie stick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
In this episode of Celeb Encounters, two friends run into Mariah Carey at a Halloween party.Watch Video »
Big Apple Trip
Get the scoop on Prince William and Duchess Kate's trip to the Big Apple.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTChristmas Wishes
From Crowd Ignite