Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole in Our Lives'
- Photo: WENN1 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 20
- Photo: CHAC/LMAC/DWE/ZDS/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: ABC/RRAC/CHAC/ZDS/ZOB/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: George Chin/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 20
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 20
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 20
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/18 of 20
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
One day after Amy Winehouse's tragic death, her family has issued a statement regarding the 27-year-old singer's untimely passing.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family tells Us Weekly in a statement. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
The "You Know I'm No Good" singer is survived by her father, Mitch, her mother, Janis, and her older brother, Alex. Winehouse's father was in New York when he learned of her death. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Janis believed her daughter's death had been "only a matter of time" when they met just 24 hours earlier. "She seemed out of it," Janis said. "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
When their visit was over, Winehouse said: "I love you, mum."
"They are the words I will always treasure," Janis now says. "I'm glad I saw her when I did."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite