Flavor Flav steps up chicken restaurant dispute
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: JM5/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: K. Terrell/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Lawyers representing Flavor Flav's business partners have stepped up a legal dispute over the star's chicken restaurant in Michigan.
The rapper's Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs restaurant in Sterling Heights, Mich., hit the news last week when it emerged eviction papers had been served over allegations the rent on the building had not been paid since last year.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian's tightest looks
However, attorneys representing the restaurant's investors have now claimed the rent is being withheld over allegations the landlord failed to fix a faulty heater which was allegedly leaking poisonous carbon monoxide gas, according to TMZ.com.
The website reports the rent money is being paid into a court-controlled bank account until the legal dispute is resolved.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »