Flavor Flav steps up chicken restaurant dispute
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: JM5/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: K. Terrell/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Lawyers representing Flavor Flav's business partners have stepped up a legal dispute over the star's chicken restaurant in Michigan.
The rapper's Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs restaurant in Sterling Heights, Mich., hit the news last week when it emerged eviction papers had been served over allegations the rent on the building had not been paid since last year.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian's tightest looks
However, attorneys representing the restaurant's investors have now claimed the rent is being withheld over allegations the landlord failed to fix a faulty heater which was allegedly leaking poisonous carbon monoxide gas, according to TMZ.com.
The website reports the rent money is being paid into a court-controlled bank account until the legal dispute is resolved.
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
No More Kids!
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »