Flavor Flav steps up chicken restaurant dispute
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: JM5/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: K. Terrell/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Al Powers/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
Lawyers representing Flavor Flav's business partners have stepped up a legal dispute over the star's chicken restaurant in Michigan.
The rapper's Flavor Flav's Chicken & Ribs restaurant in Sterling Heights, Mich., hit the news last week when it emerged eviction papers had been served over allegations the rent on the building had not been paid since last year.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian's tightest looks
However, attorneys representing the restaurant's investors have now claimed the rent is being withheld over allegations the landlord failed to fix a faulty heater which was allegedly leaking poisonous carbon monoxide gas, according to TMZ.com.
The website reports the rent money is being paid into a court-controlled bank account until the legal dispute is resolved.
Find out everything you need to know about Caitlyn Jenner in two minutes.Watch Video »
Beauties & Beasts
From Lady Gaga to Allison Williams, check out these ladies with their furry companions!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Vanessa Hudgens and Hillary Scott share vacation pictures on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGuess the Ring
From Crowd Ignite