Florence Welch: My Face Isn't Right For Casual Clothes
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire1 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: WENN4 of 13
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Richard Young/Promotional11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Florence Welch's fiery red hair is here to stay.
"I'm a lifer now," the Florence + the Machine frontwoman tells the June issue of Marie Claire. "I've tried going back to brown, but I don't recognize myself."
In addition to her bold hair color, the "Shake It Out" singer, 25, is also known for wearing ornate, avant garde clothing by Chanel, Gucci, Givenchy and Valentino. That's because she's not a fan of casual street clothes. "My face isn't right for them," she explains.
When it comes to dressing up for red carpet events, "I've got a teenager's sense of romanticism," Welch admits. "Like, when you're 15 and you think, 'Oh, I could just die!"
Since bursting onto the music scene in 2009, Welch has worked hard to create an image and sound that is authentically her own. "In the beginning I was a lot younger, drunker and more glib. I've learned not to hide behind a veil of irony -- to talk about my work in a more honest way," she says.
"I'm completely in love with the world but also terrified of it," Welch tells Marie Claire. "It creates some overwhelming feelings. Wanting to battle out that joy and fear is part of my music."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite