Lady Gaga to become ordained minister
- Photo: Perry Smylie/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: CS5/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: DCA/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 18
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 18
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News5 of 18
- Photo: Richard Beetham/Splash News6 of 18
- Photo: Wong Maye-E/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Bennett/.9 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: YouTube/.12 of 18
- Photo: Elle/Promotional13 of 18
- Photo: RWO/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: MKAA/ZDS/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks16 of 18
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com17 of 18
Lady Gaga is set to become an ordained minister so she can perform a wedding ceremony for one of her closest friends.
The singer is preparing to officiate the nuptials for her New York yoga teacher Tricia Donegan, following the legalization of gay unions in the state in June.
She tells Perez Hilton, "I'm actually getting ready now to be ordained to marry one of my best friends, Tricia, who is also my yoga instructor."
The pop star, an outspoken campaigner for marriage equality, is also considering overseeing gay weddings at her concerts once she becomes ordained.
She adds, "That would be fabulous. I like that idea -- we can pay for the reception! Maybe we'll have (designer Jean Paul) Gaultier make me a priest outfit so it can be official. Or controversial!"
RELATED: The Year in Celebrity News 2011
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »