George Michael: I Suffered Severe Anxiety After Whitney Houston's Death
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital3 of 15
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
George Michael says he suffered anxiety attacks after his pal Whitney Houston died in February as he tried to bounce back from a horrific health scare.
The singer admits he "dodged a bullet" after being hospitalized with potentially deadly pneumonia in Vienna, Austria, in November, where he spent several weeks under doctors' care before he was allowed to return to his native U.K.
Michael was still recovering from his ordeal when Houston was found dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel after accidentally drowning in the bath, and he says the images of her body being carried on a stretcher left him shaken.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
The singer, who duetted with Houston on the 2000 single "If I Told You That," tells Britain's Daily Star, "When something like that happens in such a random fashion, it takes a while to feel life is safe again. I've lived with a lot of anxiety since. I was watching footage of Whitney Houston being wheeled into an ambulance. I shouted, 'Change the channel."
He continued, "It would have been freaky if Whitney and I had died within six weeks of each other considering we both became big at the same time and we worked together."
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite