George Michael: I Suffered Severe Anxiety After Whitney Houston's Death
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital3 of 15
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage14 of 15
George Michael says he suffered anxiety attacks after his pal Whitney Houston died in February as he tried to bounce back from a horrific health scare.
The singer admits he "dodged a bullet" after being hospitalized with potentially deadly pneumonia in Vienna, Austria, in November, where he spent several weeks under doctors' care before he was allowed to return to his native U.K.
Michael was still recovering from his ordeal when Houston was found dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel after accidentally drowning in the bath, and he says the images of her body being carried on a stretcher left him shaken.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
The singer, who duetted with Houston on the 2000 single "If I Told You That," tells Britain's Daily Star, "When something like that happens in such a random fashion, it takes a while to feel life is safe again. I've lived with a lot of anxiety since. I was watching footage of Whitney Houston being wheeled into an ambulance. I shouted, 'Change the channel."
He continued, "It would have been freaky if Whitney and I had died within six weeks of each other considering we both became big at the same time and we worked together."
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Get out the vote
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out "Teen Mom" star, Farrah Abraham's, transformation!Watch Video »
Ryan Seacrest shows off his new puppy and his singing skills on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »