Selena Gomez heading to the Congo for charity trip
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Instagram/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: Michael Simon/StarTraks3 of 15
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images North America5 of 15
- Photo: Chris Polk/Getty Images North America6 of 15
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter7 of 15
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter8 of 15
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 15
- Photo: A.Macpherson/Todd G/Splash News10 of 15
- Photo: A.Macpherson/T.Gillis/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: starsurf/Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: SDFL/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: starsurf/Splash News14 of 15
Teen star Selena Gomez is preparing to visit the war-torn Democratic Republic of the Congo as part of her humanitarian work for the United Nations Children's Fund, or UNICEF.
The star has been a UNICEF ambassador for two years, and has visited Ghana and Chile in a bid to raise awareness of the organization's work with children.
She performed at The House of Blues in Los Angeles on Monday to raise $200,000 for the charity, and revealed she is gearing up for a trip to the Congo after a word of encouragement from fellow UNICEF ambassador Joel Madden.
She tells E!Online's Marc Malkin, "We first went to Ghana and then we went to Chile. In April, we're going to go somewhere a little harder, the Congo. ... The first trips were to ease me into it. I was talking to Joel Madden, and he works with UNICEF and he went to the Congo. He said it was the most intense thing he had ever done in his entire life -- and the best thing he had ever done."
RELATED: 2012 Love Predictions
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »