Irate Mother of the Bride Accuses Taylor Swift of Crashing Kennedy Wedding
- Photo: DCJ/RBF/WENN1 of 22
- Photo: Twitter/WENN2 of 22
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP3 of 22
- Photo: © MJT / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 22
- Photo: SINY/GSI5 of 22
- Photo: JACSON/Fame Flynet6 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 22
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks8 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 22
- Photo: @tayloswift13/Twitter11 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 22
- Photo: BJ/Fame Flynet13 of 22
- Photo: HAUS/GSI/.14 of 22
- Photo: WENN15 of 22
- Photo: @taylorswift13/Twitter16 of 22
- Photo: @taylorswift13/Twitter17 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet18 of 22
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet19 of 22
- Photo: Theron Kirkman/Invision/AP20 of 22
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Kat Giantis
If we were Taylor Swift's BFF, this would probably be the time when we'd sit her down over a mochaccino and ask if she's sure about hooking her wagon to the Kennedy clan. After all, the family doesn't have the best track record with famous blondes (*cough* Marilyn Monroe *cough*).
Turns out Taylor's weekend with 18-year-old boyfriend Conor Kennedy wasn't all dockside kisses and moving moments by his late mother's graveside. It also sparked a public feud, with the country cutie-pie accused of crashing a family wedding.
On Saturday, Taylor, 22, joined Conor at the Boston nuptials of his cousin, Kyle Kennedy, to Liam Kerr, an appearance that didn't sit well with the mother of the bride, who gripes to the Boston Herald that she asked the famous but unwelcome guest to leave.
Victoria Gifford Kennedy (wife of the late Michael Kennedy and daughter of Kathie Lee Gifford's husband, Frank) tattles to the paper that Conor was invited to the wedding but committed the cardinal sin of failing to RSVP, so when he texted her an hour before the reception and asked if he and Swift could attend, she (understandably) told them no.
"I responded with a very clear, 'Please do not come.' They came anyway," huffs Victoria. "I personally went up to Ms. Swift, whose entrance distracted the entire event, politely introduced myself to her, and asked her as nicely as I could to leave. It was like talking to a ghost. She seemed to look right past me."
Or maybe she was having the proverbial deer-caught-in-headlights reaction to a member of her boyfriend's family telling her not to let the door hit her on the way out.
Mrs. Kennedy apparently didn't want the chart-topper stealing the bride's thunder, and a source at the swanky Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel confirms to the paper that Swift, who caused a "mild commotion" in the lobby when she arrived, was indeed told to beat it.
According to Kathie Lee, Taylor was at the reception for only a "very, very short time," although the budding lovebirds apparently returned later to dance up a storm. Gifford also pointed out to co-host Hoda Kotb that Conor is still in high school, adding with a laugh, "They seem very happy together. Who am I to judge anyone?"
Either way, the alleged nuptial banishment is news to Taylor's rep, who insists nothing of the sort happened.
"There is no truth to that," the mouthpiece tells the Herald. "Taylor was invited to the wedding, and the bride thanked her profusely for being there."
Chances are, Victoria will soon get an earful from family matriarch Ethel Kennedy, who, when asked recently about the possibility of Swift one day joining the family, enthused, "We should be so lucky!"
The day after the wedding, Swift joined her boyfriend and several members of the Kennedy clan at Mass, which was followed by a visit to the grave of Conor's mom, Mary, who committed suicide in May.
As for swirling reports that Taylor plunked down $5 million for a Hyannis Port, Mass., house across from the Kennedy compound, a local outlet insists it's not true, and says the property was actually scooped up by a New York hedge fund manager.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite