- Photo: Rex USA1 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 19
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA6 of 19
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram7 of 19
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters8 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Flynet11 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com15 of 19
- Photo: Instagram16 of 19
- Photo: Getty Images North America17 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP18 of 19
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP19 of 19
By Kat Giantis
Did Taylor Swift do more than stick out her tongue in disgust over Selena Gomez's on-off relationship with Justin Bieber? Us Weekly says the confessional crooner orchestrated a successful Memorial Day introduction between BFF Selena, 20, and her good pal, Ed Sheeran, 22.
"They are hooking up!" enthuses a source.
Twitter greeted the Selena + Ed news with a collective "Say whaaaaaa" and "Noooooooo."
The romance rumblings would explain why Sheeran, who is on tour with the matchmaking Swifty, was snapped leaving Gomez's house with his guitar and backpack on June 12. Speculation initially centered on a musical collaboration, a theory the ginger-topped British singer-songwriter quickly shot down.
“I literally went to a house party at her house!" he told Fuse magazine. "I had my guitar 'cause I'd come from [the] airport. So yeah ... that rumor isn't true."
At the MuchMusic Video Awards on June 16, Sheeran insisted to Us that he was single, but acknowledged he "wouldn't complain" about a set-up with Gomez.
Selena, for her part, apparently finds it a nice change of pace to be with a smart, emotionally mature guy.
"They are friends with an open mind," another insider shares with Us. "He's sensitive and sweet and a lot deeper than Justin."
"She got sick of having to take care of Justin like he was her child. This is a nice escape from the drama," tattles a confidant, who says Jelena "are totally done … not even hooking up anymore."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Taylor Swift's A-list ladies night out with BFFs Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and more on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at the Kardashians' makeup-free selfies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kelly Osbourne and more stars chat Oscar style, their favorite fashionistas, Hollywood power couples and more!Watch Video »
NYFW Personal Pic
Katie Holmes, Blake Lively, Gigi Hadid and more stars share their personal pics from New York Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Kidman, Felicity Jones, and Marion Cotillard all get an F for their Oscar gowns.Watch Video »