Kanye West gets his own religion: Bow down before Yeezianity
- Photo: FM3/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: FM3/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: FM3/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: FM3/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: FM3/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: FM3/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: FM3/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks8 of 17
- Photo: Kim Kardashian/Instagram9 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram11 of 17
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks12 of 17
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Digital13 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet15 of 17
- Photo: David Fishe/Rex USA16 of 17
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Then he created something equally vast: Kanye West's ego. Now, months after the release of his album, "Yeezus," the wonder that is the future Mr. Kim Kardashian has become an object of worship courtesy of his very own religion, Yeezianity.
The newly created Church of Yeezus (also known as "The best church of all time!") promotes the gospel of 'Ye, which, considering his latest fisticuffs-filled incident, does not include turning the other cheek. It does, however, feature the following Golden Rule: "Create for others what you would have created for yourself."
"We are an anonymous group who believes that the one who calls himself Yeezus is the highest living human being," proclaims the website, "and he will help to usher in a New Age of humanity."
To become a Ye'ciple (don't blame us for that one), all you have to do is email the church an unidentifiable selfie that shows you holding a sign that reads, "I Believe in Yeezus." Knowing its audience, the church drives this point home by having a cute cat pose next to this written declaration.
"This has been building for 100 years," the anonymity-preferring founder explains to the New York Daily News. "Yeezianity is the new American Dream."
Adds the website, "He has shown the modern world the creative potential of a human being, and he serves as a living model for behavior and ethic."
We didn't realize public tantrums, glitter masks and motorcycle-set nookie were cause for such devotion, but to each his own.
Yeezianity's founder is a philosophy major with a spiritual bent, who sums up his doctrine thusly: "Jesus has all this baggage and all these connotations, and Yeezus is this new thing."
Here then, are Yeezianity's five pillars of faith:
1. All things created must be for the good of All
2. No human being's right to express themselves must ever be repressed
3. Money is unnecessary except as a means of exchange
4. Man possesses the power to create everything he wants and needs
5. All human suffering exists to stimulate the creative powers of Man
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSinging Queens
From Crowd Ignite