- Photo: Ben Rector/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: ABD/ZDS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: MKC/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Photo Press Belfast/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: Peter Morrison/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Pictures16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Kat Giantis
Just days after Rihanna tweeted about a confrontation she had with a tighty-whities-clad bigot at a hotel in Portugal, she's taking a stand over another prejudiced party. On Monday, the Barbadian chanteuse slammed the editor of popular Dutch fashion magazine Jackie, which published an article that referred to her with a combined racist and sexist term, mashing together the n-word and the b-word.
Feel free to take a moment to slam your head on your desk and wonder if the world really is going to end in 2012.
The piece, translated by Parlour magazine, which also has a screenshot, is accompanied by a photo of Rihanna and is execrable in every way.
"Rihanna, the good girl gone bad, is the ultimate [n-word][b-word]," it reads, before implying that she's from Jamaica and casually calling her caboose a "ghetto a--."
RiRi was not pleased.
"I hope u can read english," she railed to Jackie Editor-in-Chief Eva Hoeke on Twitter, "because your magazine is a poor representation of the evolution of human rights! I find you disrespectful, and rather desperate!! You ran out of legit, civilized information to print!"
Notes Rihanna, "There are 1000's of Dutch girls who would love to be recognized for their contributions to your country, you could have given them an article. Instead, u paid to print one degrading an entire race! That's your contribution to this world! To encourage segregation, to mislead the future leaders to act in the past!"
And then she really picked up steam.
"You put two words together, with the intent of abasement, that made no sense," the chart-topper fumed. "Well with all respect, on behalf of my race, here are my two words for you ...[BLEEP] YOU!!!"
Best as we can tell, the intent of the Jackie piece was to show moms how to dress their daughters like Rihanna, in "pink shizzle and everything that glitters." (Yes, the word "shizzle" was used, a journalistic crime that should result in prison time.)
The magazine's editor addressed the controversy on Facebook, insisting the "author meant no harm," and the double-whammy slur "was intended as a joke" (because racism is apparently a rich comedy vein to tap).
Acknowledged the editor, "It was naive to think that this was an acceptable form of slang -- you hear it all the time on TV and radio, then your idea of what is normal apparently shifts."
No word on where she's supposedly hearing this term "all the time," or why she doesn't change the channel.
Concluded Hoeke, "We never intended to offend anyone."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite