- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: @katyperry/Twitter10 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Kat Giantis
Warning: Severe eyeball rolling may occur while reading this item. Please take appropriate safety measures. Ready?
OK! (via Hollywood Life) takes the early lead for Dubious Item of the Year honors by claiming Katy Perry, who can probably still smell eau de Russell Brand around her house, is being set up with God-praising NFL superstar Tim Tebow.
Supposedly playing Cupid for this would-be love connection: the popster's evangelical Christian parents, Keith and Mary Hudson, who are currently under fire after reportedly making controversial remarks during a recent church appearance.
"[Katy's] mentioned on more than one occasion how much she likes Tim," asserts a source, seemingly with a straight face. "Katy's mom firmly believes the best cure for heartache is to quickly fall in love again. … In her mind, Tebow is the perfect guy for her daughter. He's handsome, charming, intelligent and, above all, a good Christian."
(Responds every other Christian mother with an eligible daughter: Take a number, Mrs. Hudson.)
According to the mag, Perry's parents have invited the no-nookie-without-marriage-espousing Denver Broncos quarterback to speak at their church (and meet their daughter at the same time), an offer he'd be wise to take a pass on given her father's apparent anti-Semitic statements.
When we contacted the soon-to-be ex Mrs. Brand's rep for comment on whether she would soon be Tebowing, she told us, "I do not comment on Katy's personal life."
And just so we end this item on the same hysterical note on which it began, NFL.com has mocked up an image of what a potential offspring of Katy and Tim might look like. Enjoy.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite