- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin1 of 24
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP2 of 24
- Photo: Denis Guignebourg/StarTraks3 of 24
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 24
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 24
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks6 of 24
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 24
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage8 of 24
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 24
- Photo: Rick Leeks/Splash News10 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 24
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage12 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 24
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP15 of 24
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News16 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage18 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage19 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage20 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage21 of 24
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage22 of 24
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.23 of 24
- Photo: Jerome Davis/LE/Splash News24 of 24
By Kat Giantis
Alas, these latest reports smack more of good PR for the Gallic looker than an actual romance, but here's what's true: The doll-faced popster, 27, sat next to a clearly excited Giabiconi (click through the pics below) on Tuesday at Chanel's runway presentation for Paris Fashion Week, and they both posed with designer-cum-dark overlord Karl Lagerfeld.
The sought-after Baptiste, 22, who's billed as "the highest-paid male model in the world," is considered one of Lagerfeld's muses, but the model has brushed off speculation that they're an item (perhaps prompted by photo ops such as this), stating that he's straight. Word is, Lagerfeld thinks of him as a son.
Anyhoo, where things start to get sketchy with Katy and Baptiste is what happened after the show. The London Sun has pictures of the pair outside Katy's luxury hotel. They appear to chat and exchange a kiss on the cheek, which the tabloid, as it's wont to do, interpreted in the most romantic way possible.
"They were with a group of people, but they looked very much like a couple in love," oversells a source. "He was never more than a foot away from her and they were very flirty. There was a lot of whispering, shared jokes and they were really flirting. They made a very good-looking couple."
Another spy tattles to Celebzter that they met up for dinner, albeit with several other people, declaring, "They were holding hands and looking cozy, and now they are inseparable."
Meanwhile, a Baptiste pal, moneybags princess Kasia Al Thani, also chimes in about the alleged amour, gushing, "He is a great guy, and he's totally smitten, and Katy is the perfect girl for him."
Not exactly a confirmation. Still, Giabiconi isn't shying away from the rumblings, tweeting on Friday, "A big thank you for all your messages of support and also katy # Touched."
Perry's rep did not respond to our request for comment on the romance reports.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco dishes on the minor disaster that occurred during her wedding, marriage fever on the set of "The Wedding Ringer" and more!Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »