- Photo: WENN/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Veronica Summers/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Kat Giantis
Taylor Swift seems to be having a rough start to 2012. Not only did she lose out on the role of Eponine in the big-screen adaptation of "Les Miserables," but she also missed out on the chance to cozy up to her would-be co-star, Eddie Redmayne, says Us Weekly.
The pair apparently hit it off during the doll-faced chart-topper's audition process.
"They hung out in New York City with the movie's execs," tattles an insider (via Hollywood Life). "And Taylor developed feelings for him fast."
A big part of the actor's appeal (presumably besides his cheekbones): "Taylor loved the image of a British boyfriend," explains the snitch.
Redmayne, 30, was said to be equally smitten, but he decided not to pursue the romance when Swifty didn't get the part (it went to up-and-comer Samantha Barks, who, like Taylor, dated a Jonas Brother). That meant she wouldn't be joining him in London with the rest of the star-packed cast.
"Eddie's not interested in a long-distance relationship," sighs the source. "The elements were against them. It's a shame."
Coincidentally, Swift, 22, surfaced in London late last month, right around the time of her most recent tweet. "Watching tv with my cat while eating Toy Story fruit snacks," she shared. "So basically I'm 80 and 5 at the same time."
You'll recall that little more than a year ago, Swift reportedly got the heave-ho from Jake Gyllenhaal after a few months of awkward, coffee-fueled coupledom.
"She's haunted by that relationship. He totally screwed with her mind," a source told Us last month. "The songs on her next album are intimate and revealing. Some are about Jake."
Redmayne, for his part, was briefly linked to Carey Mulligan in early 2011.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Candice Swanepoel and Lily Aldridge share photos from their work trip to Hawaii on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite