- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 30
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com2 of 30
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/VF/WireImage6 of 30
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 30
- Photo: Scott Weiner/Retna Ltd.8 of 30
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.9 of 30
- Photo: Capo/Splash News10 of 30
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 30
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 30
- Photo: AB1/WENN13 of 30
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage14 of 30
- Photo: Fame Flynet15 of 30
- Photo: Fame Flynet16 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 30
- Photo: Theron Kirkman/Invision/AP18 of 30
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP19 of 30
- Photo: BJ/Fame Flynet20 of 30
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks21 of 30
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage22 of 30
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage23 of 30
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage24 of 30
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks25 of 30
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet26 of 30
- Photo: Splash News27 of 30
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage28 of 30
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP29 of 30
By Kat Giantis
Maybe John Mayer shouldn't have been quite so whiny to Rolling Stone about how Taylor Swift hurt his feelings with her 2010 song "Dear John." The New York Post says the rumored exes had an uncomfortable encounter at the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles on Tuesday night.
Seems Swift, 22, arrived at the hotel's bar and was being led to a table when she saw Mayer, 34, seated nearby dining with a pal.
"Taylor very visibly -- in front of the entire restaurant -- demanded to be moved to the other side [of the restaurant]," relays a spy. "The bar's usually an oasis of calm and privacy for celebrities and power players, but this was drama central."
Swift's reaction isn't too surprising, what with Mayer's bellyaching over her ditty, which includes such loaded lines as, "Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?" and "I see it all, now it was wrong/Don't you think 19 is too young to be played by your dark twisted games/When I loved you so?"
The logorrheic crooner, who once gave a sidewalk press conference to announce he'd dumped Jennifer Aniston and described ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson as "sexual napalm," griped to Rolling Stone that Taylor's song made him "feel terrible," calling it a "really lousy" thing to do.
"I think it's kind of cheap songwriting," scoffed Mayer, who was briefly linked to Swift in late 2009/early 2010. "It's abusing your talent to rub your hands together and go, 'Wait till he gets a load of this!' That's bulls---."
But the popster's camp says he had it coming. (Also, who dates Swift without expecting to be immortalized in song? Sheesh).
"I can't believe he is trying to play the victim!" a friend marvels to Us Weekly. "He played her and now he's claiming he got played? What a loser."
Counters a Mayer source, "She had a major crush. She told him she liked him and tried to make a move. He felt she was too young and stopped her, saying he didn't feel comfortable going there."
Does that sound like something John would do? Didn't think so.
"John was a player who treated her like s---," continues a Taylor confidant. "She felt like he looked at her as a conquest."
Concludes another Swift insider, "Taylor is going to think even less of him now. I didn't think that was possible!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Taylor gives $4 million donation
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber has a fan encounter with a basketball legend, and more news on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Babe in Brazil
Rihanna shows off her bikini body on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez and DJ Zedd keep their Instagram followers guessing about the nature of their relationship on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Taylor Swift's A-list ladies night out with BFFs Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and more on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »