How Jennifer Hudson's Fiance Saved Her Life
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 6
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
In December, Jennifer Hudson sat down with NBC's Lester Holt for an exclusive "Dateline" interview, where the 30-year-old singer talked about everything from her dramatic weight loss to how her fiancé, David Otunga, saved her life.
Hudson recalled how she would have been in the house at the time her mother, brother and nephew were killed if it wasn't for a phone call from Otunga.
"I remember it like yesterday," she said. "And I was literally pickin' up my bags to walk out the door to go to my mother's house. And he called me, like, 'Can you come out here instead of going, you know?' And I was like, 'OK, sure.' And that one decision, that one thing, I wouldn't be sittin' here."
Hudson also got candid about her weight loss.
"I was much heavier growing up. I was wearing, like size 22s or 24s and things like that," Hudson said.
In fact, her book, "I Got This," touches on her constant weight struggle, which she's overcome through diet, exercise and a positive attitude.
"That's just how I look at things. Instead of second-guessing myself or doubting things, or even defeating myself before I even try. That's where this came from. You know what -- 'I Got This.' That's why I wrote this book. It's like I wanna be that voice cheering others on you know. And if I got this, you got it too," she said.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite