Jennifer Hudson on witness list for upcoming murder trial
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN1 of 21
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 21
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/Invision/AP3 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 21
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks5 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com8 of 21
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com9 of 21
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 21
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 21
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 21
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks14 of 21
- Photo: PN2/WENN15 of 21
- Photo: C.M. Wiggins/WENN16 of 21
- Photo: Brandon Todd/Splash News17 of 21
- Photo: C.M. Wiggins/WENN18 of 21
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage19 of 21
- Photo: Barbara Nitke/Invision/AP20 of 21
CHICAGO (AP) -- Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson is on the witness list for the upcoming trial of a man accused of killing her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.
The Chicago Tribune reports, however, that prosecutors haven't yet disclosed whether Hudson will actually testify at William Balfour's trial, which is slated to begin April 9.
Balfour was the estranged husband of Hudson's sister, Julia. Hudson's mother and brother were found dead in the family's home on Chicago's South Side in 2008. Her nephew's body was found days later in a vehicle on the city's West Side.
A court filing by prosecutors last week contains detectives' reports from interviews with Hudson after the deaths. According to the filing, Hudson told investigators she'd known Balfour since childhood and had advised her sister against marrying him.
RELATED: The best and worst Oscar fashion
Cara Delevingne parties with Sam Smith, Douglas Booth and more famous friends on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Britney Spears’ body to her love life, get all the buzz on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out North West’s adorable moments on Kim Kardashian's Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Bad Beach Fashion
Check out the seven worst cases of celeb beach fashion on 7 Wonders, hosted by Brian McFayden.Watch Video »
Sienna Miller, Miranda Lambert, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Love
From Crowd Ignite