Ja Rule Gets Advice on Stocks, Education in Prison
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 10
- Photo: Seth Wenig/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Andrew Kelly/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: © Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.4 of 10
- Photo: JIM COOPER/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com6 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Jess Vespa/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 10
NEW YORK (AP) -- Rapper Ja Rule has been getting advice behind bars from two once high-powered men: ex-New York State Comptroller Alan Hevesi and ex-Tyco International CEO Dennis Kozlowski.
The rapper's real name is Jeffrey Atkins. He's serving two years for gun possession at Mid-State Correctional Facility in Oneida, N.Y.
RELATED: Adam Lambert Arrested in Finland
He tells the Daily News in an interview: "Outside, you don't meet guys like this every day."
RELATED: Armie Hammer Busted for Marijuana
The high school dropout says both men have urged him to pursue higher education. The rapper says Kozlowski also advised him to buy airline stock and study business. Ja Rule will be taking college-level courses later this month.
Hevesi was convicted in a pay for play corruption scheme. Kozlowski was convicted of fraud and larceny involving more than $100 million in bonuses.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »