Jackson bodyguard: Michael was in love with Whitney Houston
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.1 of 27
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.2 of 27
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 27
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 27
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN5 of 27
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN6 of 27
- Photo: David Tonnessen/Ben Dome/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 27
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 27
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 27
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 27
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP12 of 27
- Photo: BEBETO MATTHEWS/Invision/AP13 of 27
- Photo: Doug Pizac/Invision/AP14 of 27
- Photo: RSD/APC/ZOJ/WENN15 of 27
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP16 of 27
- Photo: Epic/Promotional17 of 27
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP18 of 27
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP19 of 27
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Digital20 of 27
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage21 of 27
- Photo: National Enquirer/.22 of 27
- Photo: Warner Bros.23 of 27
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP24 of 27
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP25 of 27
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP26 of 27
Michael Jackson's onetime bodyguard has sensationally revealed that the King of Pop and Whitney Houston had a brief fling and that the pop superstar dreamed of making the tragic R&B icon his wife.
RELATED: Music's oddest couples
Matt Fiddes, who is about to embark on a legal challenge for visitation rights to Jackson's youngest son Blanket, claiming he's the boy's biological dad, insists his late pal was in love with Houston and never recovered after the famous pair split following a secret tryst at Neverland.
The martial arts master from Devon, England, tells The Sun newspaper, "This affair will end all the myths that Michael was some kind of child molester. He was a straight man. One of the many stories that has never been told about Michael is that he had an ultra-secret affair with Whitney Houston that he never got over. He was furious when he heard she had also slept with (brother) Jermaine, but this didn't stop him holding a candle for her his whole life."
RELATED: Friends remember Whitney
Fiddes tells the publication Jackson and Houston met in 1991, when both were at the height of their careers.
He says, "They instantly connected as kindred spirits because they understood each other's massive fame. Whitney practically moved in to Michael's ranch and they had a fling like any other young couple. But Michael said later he had always hoped the relationship had gone further, and I know he dreamed of marrying her."
Fiddes claims the romance lasted just two weeks and came a year before Houston wed Bobby Brown.
Check out the biggest celeb makeup mistakes.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »
No More Kids!
Gwen Stefani chats completing her family with son Apollo, life's biggest surprises, scary fashion mishaps and more!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez dishes on super-steamy "Boy Next Door" sex scenes, getting in shape to strip down, awkward moments on set and more.Watch Video »
Hugh Jackman, The Rock, Khloe Kardashian and more stars share photos and videos of their intense workouts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »