Janet Jackson's Attorney Demands Vanity Fair Retraction
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Splash News4 of 13
- Photo: STR/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: TONY CHENG/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Garcia/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Janet Jackson's lawyer is demanding a retraction from Vanity Fair over a report which suggested the singer delayed her late brother Michael's funeral over a financial dispute.
RELATED: Male Stars Who Went Under The Knife
Lawyer Blair G. Brown has slammed claims printed in the November (12) issue that Janet held up the burial in 2009 while waiting to be repaid the $40,000 (£25,000) she gave to cemetery bosses as a deposit for a burial plot.
In a letter to Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter, Brown insists the story, which was an excerpt from Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," is "untrue" and "outrageous."
Brown writes, "This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and her wish to stand with and support her family."
The attorney goes on to brand the article "replete with additional false and defamatory statements" regarding Janet, and demands a retraction.
Michael Jackson was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in California on Sept. 3, 2009, more than two months after his death.
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Kendall's fabulous new fashion career on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite