Jay-Z: My Daughter, Blue Ivy, Has to Love Herself
- Photo: APL/WENN1 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Patrick McMullan/.3 of 20
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News4 of 20
- Photo: Ronald Asadorian/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 20
- Photo: grifoni-sarmiento/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: Al Powers/PowersImagery.com/.9 of 20
- Photo: Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 20
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks12 of 20
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet13 of 20
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet14 of 20
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks15 of 20
- Photo: Wagner Az/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 20
- Photo: helloblueivycarter.tumblr.com/.17 of 20
- Photo: helloblueivycarter.tumblr.com/.18 of 20
- Photo: helloblueivycarter.tumblr.com/.19 of 20
The 42-year-old rapper welcomed his first child with his wife, Beyonce, in January of this year. Jay-Z says his daughter's childhood will be very different from his own. The hip-hop icon, whose real name is Shawn Carter, grew up in the gritty housing projects of Brooklyn. "We would fight each other. My brother would beat me up," he says, but adds it was necessary. "I was going to have to fight, I was going to have to go through some things, and they were preparing me."
Baby Blue, however, "doesn't have to be tough," the proud dad says. "She has to love herself, she has to know who she is, she has to be respectful and be a moral person."
The happy family celebrated Beyonce's 31st birthday (Sept. 4) this week on a private yacht on the Mediterranean Sea in the South of France. On Wednesday, Jay-Z also treated the birthday girl -- who is also the new cover star of Us Weekly's style issue, on stands Friday -- to a romantic dinner out at Michelangelo Restaurant in Antibes, France.
For a peek inside the Beyonce's private world (and closet!), pick up the special fashion issue of Us Weekly, on stands Friday!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Blake Lively's fashionable pregnancy style.Watch Video »
Bruno vs Borat - Who's Funnier?
It's the question on everyone's lips -- who gives funnier interviews: Bruno or Borat?Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon goes "Wild" on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Carly Rae Jepsen, Nicole Kidman, Kathy Griffin and more stars celebrate music's biggest night and share their Valentine's Day plans.Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift and Harry Styles to Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama; check out the celebrity couples making news this week on Replay.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Kelly Osbourne enjoys a girls night out with Taylor Swift and Chrissy Teigen on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Bods
From Crowd Ignite