Jay-Z, partners accused of stiffing logo designer
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America2 of 17
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: APL/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: HD1/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Patrick McMullan/.7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional12 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News16 of 17
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City clothing designer says Jay-Z and his former Roc-A-Fella record label partners owe him $7 million in unpaid royalties for designing their label logo.
Dwayne Walker said in a lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court on Thursday that he created the Roc-A-Fella design.
RELATED: Photos: 2012 BET Awards
The lawsuit says the Bronx designer came up with the logo in 1995 when Roc-A-Fella was just starting out. The label is now a subsidiary of Universal Music Group.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
The logo features the letter R, a record and a Champagne bottle.
The Daily News says Jay-Z's publicist did not respond to messages seeking comment.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »