Report: Jennifer Lopez Nearly Left Marc Anthony After Stewardess Hookup
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital1 of 18
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: Riquet/Bauer-Griffin4 of 18
- Photo: Ronald Asadorian/Splash News5 of 18
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 18
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com7 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com8 of 18
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com9 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: CHRIS PIZZELLO/Invision/AP11 of 18
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.12 of 18
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.13 of 18
- Photo: Andrew Marks/Retna Digital14 of 18
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital15 of 18
- Photo: CRAIG BARRITT/Retna Digital16 of 18
- Photo: Retna Ltd.17 of 18
Affair in the air?
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony announced their surprising split last Friday, but the duo came close to parting ways two years ago because of Anthony's fling with a flight attendant.
In the new Us Weekly, out now, a source says that Anthony, 42, hooked up with a flight attendant he met aboard a private plane in 2009.
"Marc and Jennifer almost split up over it," the source tells Us of the couple, parents to 3-year-old twins Emme and Max.
Seconds another insider: "Jennifer was going to leave him then, but Marc begged her to stay. They went to marriage counseling and she decided to give it another shot. He was someone she truly loved."
Although Anthony and the "American Idol" judge, 41, weathered the storm of infidelity, his raging jealousy over Lopez's successful career continued to drive a wedge between them. Anthony's controlling behavior over his wife's wardrobe and business endeavors -- and his own unfounded paranoia about her and other men-- also factored in to their major decision to end their seven year marriage.
For much more on the shocking split -- what's at stake, their money squabbles, who will get Max and Emme and whether she's ready to date again -- pick up the new Us Weekly, out now.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »