Joel Madden caught with pot in Australia, not charged
- Photo: Jason Edwards/Newspix/Rex USA1 of 13
- Photo: EM43/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: Ryan Fu/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Shannon Watts/Digital Wave Video/.4 of 13
- Photo: Instagram/.5 of 13
- Photo: Beiny/Slate/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks8 of 13
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Rick Scuteri for Jose Cuervo/Invision/AP12 of 13
There's good news and bad news for Good Charlotte's Joel Madden. The bad news is that the 34-year-old singer was thrown out of his Sydney, Australia, hotel on Sunday, after police found marijuana in his room. The good news? Police won't be pressing any charges.
A Darling Hotel manager told TMZ, "Joel Madden was ejected from the hotel because a small amount of cannabis was found inside his hotel room. In Australia there is zero tolerance for this no matter where you are."
"Sunday while I was at work, a hotel employee found a small amount of marijuana in my hotel room," wrote Madden, who is a judge on Australia's "The Voice." "The police were called and responded. Sydney is my adopted home and I appreciate the way the NSW police handled the situation. They have informed me there will be no charges."
He added, "I hope this didn't cause too much drama for anyone."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrincess Debut
From Crowd Ignite