John Mayer Wooed a Woman by Singing a Page from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Unlucky-in-love crooner John Mayer thought he had discovered the ultimate serenade: putting erotic chick lit to music.
In an appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Tuesday, the Grammy winner, 34, admitted he attempted -- unsuccessfully -- to woo a woman he was interested in by performing a page from racy bestseller "Fifty Shades of Grey."
"I was trying to impress her, and she had [the book] on her Kindle," Mayer revealed. "And so I said, 'I'm going to sing it to you.' So I sang her one of the pages of 'Fifty Shades of Grey.'"
Host Jimmy Fallon cracked up hearing Mayer recount his story. "Oh my gosh. And she died on the spot? She's now dead?" he questioned his guest.
"She fell to the ground ... laughing," Mayer admitted sheepishly.
Last week, the guitarist, who once enjoyed high-profile romances with Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston, spoke to Ellen DeGeneres about his own pop culture obsession: "The Bachelor."
"I don't even feel like it's my fault for liking it," Mayer explained. "It's not a guilty pleasure. It's designed to be a pleasure."
Still, if ABC approached the musician about signing on to be "The Bachelor" himself, the "Half of My Heart" singer says he'd have to turn them down.
"It's one of those things where I would waste their time taking a meeting just so I could hear more about it," he shared. "Ultimately, I'd say no. But I would just have to take the meeting."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite