Jon Bon Jovi Opens 'Pay What You Can' Restaurant
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: RM3/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jodi Summers Dorland/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Jodi Summers Dorland/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
Rocker Jon Bon Jovi has opened a new restaurant in Red Bank, New Jersey called The JBJ Soul Kitchen, but what sets this restaurant apart from others is the fact that it will be a "pay what you can" establishment.
The items on the menu, which will specialize in healthy variations on classic soul food dishes, will not have any set prices. Diners can either pay a suggested donation or earn free meals by performing volunteer work in the community.
Speaking in an interview with New York Magazine's Grub Street Blog, Bon Jovi described what people can expect from the restaurant.
"Picture the coolest brasserie in your hometown, that's what this is," says Bon Jovi. "It's the hottest-looking restaurant in this town. We have to get rid of a few stigmas attached to the word volunteering and making a difference."
To find out more about Bon Jovi's new restaurant, visit their site here.
Related stories on ETonline.com:French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy Has a Baby
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGuess the Ring
From Crowd Ignite