Joss Stone: 'Money made me target for robbery plot'
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/R-STEINBERG1 of 16
- Photo: Barnsley, Dome/Pacific Coast News2 of 16
- Photo: RM3/Rui M Leal/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Tom Daskalakis/IML/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: TwitPic/Promotional6 of 16
- Photo: Eckstein/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Dave Fisher/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Kelly A. Smith/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Digital15 of 16
British singer Joss Stone is convinced she was targeted in a foiled robbery plot because of her millions.
RELATED: Stone Robbery Plot Suspects Arrested
Two men were arrested near Stone's countryside home in England last month and accused of planning to attack and rob her.
The "You Had Me" hitmaker, who is one of the richest singers under the age of 30 in the U.K., believes reports of her estimated $14.4 million fortune are "dangerous" and may be to blame for the harrowing incident.
RELATED: Twitterview: Joss Stone
Stone tells Britain's You magazine, "The idea that you have all this money just gives people another reason to hate you."
But the defiant 24-year-old remains unfazed by the drama and refuses to leave her home in Cullompton, a town near Devon, England over fears for her safety.
RELATED: Joss, More Stars Talk Road Trippin'
She adds, "It's highlighted to me how brilliant the community down here is. Everyone around is like extended family, all of us looking out for each other. I could never live anywhere else."
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »