Judge ends case against Britney Spears' parents
- Photo: JTBD/GSI1 of 15
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America2 of 15
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA3 of 15
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter6 of 15
- Photo: RAE/ZOJ/WENN7 of 15
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin9 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks12 of 15
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has dismissed a case by Britney Spears' former confidante that accused the singer's mother of libeling him and accused Spears' caretakers of failing to pay him a portion of her fortune.
RELATED: Britney Spears 'X Factor' style
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Suzanne Bruguera ruled Thursday that an attorney for Sam Lutfi hadn't proven any of his claims in a case that centered on events before the singer's public meltdown more than four years ago.
Lutfi's side rested its case Tuesday, but Bruguera agreed with arguments by attorneys for Spears' father and her conservators that there wasn't sufficient evidence to send the claims to a jury.
Lutfi had sued Lynne Spears for libel, the singer's father, Jamie, for allegedly hitting him, and her conservators for a 15 percent share of singer's earnings.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »