Judge ends case against Britney Spears' parents
- Photo: JTBD/GSI1 of 15
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America2 of 15
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA3 of 15
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter6 of 15
- Photo: RAE/ZOJ/WENN7 of 15
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin9 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks12 of 15
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has dismissed a case by Britney Spears' former confidante that accused the singer's mother of libeling him and accused Spears' caretakers of failing to pay him a portion of her fortune.
RELATED: Britney Spears 'X Factor' style
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Suzanne Bruguera ruled Thursday that an attorney for Sam Lutfi hadn't proven any of his claims in a case that centered on events before the singer's public meltdown more than four years ago.
Lutfi's side rested its case Tuesday, but Bruguera agreed with arguments by attorneys for Spears' father and her conservators that there wasn't sufficient evidence to send the claims to a jury.
Lutfi had sued Lynne Spears for libel, the singer's father, Jamie, for allegedly hitting him, and her conservators for a 15 percent share of singer's earnings.
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Keira Knightley, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out all about Taylor Swift's cute date night and more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »