Judge grants Miley Cyrus civil restraining order
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 25
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 25
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 25
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter6 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 25
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 25
- Photo: James Breeden/Louise Barnsley/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 25
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 25
- Photo: St. Clair/Macca/Splash News13 of 25
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN14 of 25
- Photo: RIV/Fame Pictures15 of 25
- Photo: Chris Daniels/Retna Ltd.16 of 25
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks17 of 25
- Photo: KADENA PIX/Bauer-Griffin18 of 25
- Photo: Scott Brinegar/Invision/AP19 of 25
- Photo: Mary Altaffer/Invision/AP20 of 25
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP21 of 25
- Photo: Kelly A. Swift/Retna Ltd.22 of 25
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.23 of 25
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Digital24 of 25
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge has granted Miley Cyrus a three-year civil restraining order against a man who was convicted last month of trespassing at her home in Los Angeles.
The stay-away order was granted Friday against Jason Luis Rivera by Superior Court Judge William D. Stewart.
The 40-year-old Rivera was convicted in October of trespassing at the singer's home and sentenced to 18 months in jail.
He is scheduled to be released in May. Authorities said at the time of Rivera's arrest in September that he was carrying scissors and ran into the wall of Cyrus' home as if trying to break in.
Rivera did not respond to Cyrus' petition.
The 20-year-old former star of "Hannah Montana" did not attend the hearing. Her attorney Bryan Sullivan declined comment.
RELATED: Stars with the edgiest style
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco dishes on the minor disaster that occurred during her wedding, marriage fever on the set of "The Wedding Ringer" and more!Watch Video »