Judge Seeks More Review of Chris Brown's Probation
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/.2 of 10
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 10
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 10
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 10
- Photo: MTV/Promotional6 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: F---yopictures/Instagram8 of 10
- Photo: Bob Chamberlin/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A judge has ordered a further review of Chris Brown's community service and travel to determine whether the R&B singer has violated the terms of his probation for the 2009 beating of then-girlfriend Rihanna.
RELATED: Celebrity Breakup Makeovers
Brown appeared in court Monday for the first time in more than a year, and Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg tried to sort through Brown's probation record and the impact of a positive marijuana result during a random drug screening. Schnegg said community service logs from Brown's home state of Virginia were "somewhat cryptic" and additional review was needed to determine whether he had complied with his probation.
A spreadsheet sent by the Richmond, Va., police chief indicated Brown had completed 1,402 hours of community service, ranging from trash pickup, washing cars, painting and tending to stables.
She said Brown produced a medicinal marijuana prescription from California and that she had never ordered him not to use drugs, so the positive drug test may not have a major impact on his probation.
She warned Brown that while his marijuana use may be legal, he needed to be mindful of his public image and his sway with young fans.
"You are not an average person who can sit in their living room and do what you want to do," Schnegg said, noting that Brown's mother was sitting in the courtroom. "You are not only in the public eye, but you are on probation."
Brown was sentenced to five years of supervised probation after pleading guilty to felony assault for his February 2009 attack on Rihanna. Before Monday, he had received positive reports from probation officials and praise from Schnegg. The judge ordered Brown to return to court Nov. 1 for another update.
Virginia officials also reported that Brown may have traveled to Paris without permission, but Schnegg said she has approved most of the singer's travel and would have to review that claim further.
RELATED: Celeb Rivals: Whose Side Are You On?
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite