- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Gossip Society/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Anthony/Pacific Coast News4 of 10
- Photo: Scott D. Smith/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Melissa Hunter
I know many people love John Mayer's music (and even I'm guilty of unabashedly singing along to "Your Body is Wonderland" in traffic from time to time), but why must the musician constantly behave with such smugliness towards others? Take his latest interview, for example.
An NY Mag reporter asked him a few questions at a party (link contains explicit language, courtesy of Mayer) and the interview ended with John threatening to "forcefully sodomize" somebody at New York Magazine. Wow, does he kiss his mother (or starlets, or pictures of himself, or whatever it is he kisses) with that mouth?
Let's back up and start from the beginning, shall we? The reporter asked Mayer two questions which caused his craziness to be unleashed -- one regarding Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize and one about health care.
Regarding his feelings on Obama's honor, he replied, "Do you think I'm smart enough to be able to articulate to you why our president receiving the Nobel Peace Prize is a bit early for things? What's your overall opinion? ... Who [deserved it more]? If you don't know who else should have gotten it instead of Obama, I love you, you're beautiful, but shut your f***ing mouth."
Touche, Mayer. Touche. And his response to the health care question? He says, "Have you ever heard me play guitar? I'm really f***ing good. You know what I'm bad at? Answering questions about public health care. This is not in my wheelhouse. Do you have any questions about music?"
Oh, the wonders that lie within Mayer's "wheelhouse." In fairness, hot button questions about health care and Obama are somewhat testy. So, how about a softball for him? Say ... mustaches. What are your thoughts on mustaches, John Mayer?
"I don't give a f*** about who wears their face what way," he explains. "If I could grow a beard, I'd have some nutty things going on on my face."
So is there anything outside of shredding white boy blues and bad guitar solo-faces that Mayer IS comfortable talking about, or can even discuss without patently offending someone?
He says of his new album, "The melody is the hope. The lyrics are the heartbreak, the melody is the hope. If you have the lyrics being the heartbreak and the music as the heartbreak. Your editor made you ask stupid f***ing questions!"
Wow, and Mayer almost made it through a complete thought without sounding like an ass. But the brave reporter didn't give up there. She then asked raging Mayer what the concept after his upcoming album will be.
Mayer says, "More political things, worldly things."
So, no one is allowed to ask questions about politics and/or the world even though those things are the primary focus of much of his music?
Makes sense, Mr. Congeniality.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite