Justin Bieber steals Lady Gaga's Twitter crown
- Photo: Veda Jo Jenkins/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Brandon Marshall/Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Instagram/@justinbieber/.6 of 17
- Photo: @JustinBieber/Twitter7 of 17
- Photo: Instagram/.8 of 17
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter9 of 17
- Photo: AMANDA SCHWAB/StarTraks10 of 17
- Photo: @justinbieber/Instagram11 of 17
- Photo: @Justinbieber/Instagram12 of 17
- Photo: JXC/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: RR5/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: @PMHarper/Twitter15 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage16 of 17
Justin Bieber has overtaken fellow pop star Lady Gaga to become the most popular celebrity on Twitter.
VIDEO: Best bikini Twitpics
The "Poker Face" hitmaker broke a number of records as she clocked up millions of followers on the social networking website, but the Biebs has always been hot on her heels and he has now officially overtaken Gaga to rack up the most online followers.
Both stars have been hovering around the 33 million mark, but Bieber overtook his rival by several thousand on Monday night.
RELATED: The best red-carpet tuxedo fashion
Gaga acknowledged Bieber's growing Twitter fan base earlier this month, posting this message on his page: "So proud of Justin Bieber and all the Beliebers! I'm only happy to see your fans growing in size, you all deserve it!"
Gaga has held the title of 'most followed' user on the website since she overtook previous Twitter queen Britney Spears in 2010.
The singer and her teenage rival are followed by Katy Perry in third place, while another singer, Rihanna, is in fourth ahead of President Barack Obama.
From Jennifer Lopez to Reese Witherspoon, check out these priceless red carpet throwback pictures!Watch Video »
Check out all the stars on the red carpet at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Nikki Reed, and Jennifer Lawrence all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Bye Bye Zayn
Get the scoop on 1D's huge, heartbreaking news on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »