Justin Bieber won't face charge for May scuffle
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 21
- Photo: AGNY/GSI3 of 21
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks4 of 21
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 21
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter8 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 21
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com12 of 21
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 21
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com14 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 21
- Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images North America16 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: Getty Images North America18 of 21
- Photo: Getty Images North America19 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet20 of 21
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Prosecutors decided not to file any charges against Justin Bieber after investigators found no evidence that the pop star had kicked and punched a photographer after leaving a movie theater last month, a document obtained Wednesday states.
RELATED: Celebs arrive at the AMAs
Prosecutors had been asked by police to consider filing a misdemeanor battery charge against Bieber, but Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators found no visible injuries, video or photographs to confirm the allegations by the photographer.
Bieber, 18, was leaving the theater in suburban Calabasas with girlfriend, Selena Gomez, on May 27 when he had the encounter in a parking lot.
A doctor found only superficial injuries, and deputies observed no injuries on the man after the incident, the document states.
Authorities interviewed several witnesses, but none reported seeing Bieber kick the man, and they noted that the photographer kept taking photos as the two singers left the location, according to the charge evaluation worksheet prepared by the district attorney's office.
"All the photos and video taken during this incident by the many photographers were obtained and reviewed," the document states. "There are no photos of a physical altercation."
The case was rejected on Oct. 22. The update was first reported on Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
RELATED: Justin's awkward smooch
Madge's Boy Toy
Madonna's younger boyfriend news all on June 28's 7 Wonders of the Wall hosted by Brian McFayden.Watch Video »
Kelly Carkson introduces her baby girl on Instagram, plus more stars who debuted their newborns on social media in 2014 on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Britney Spears’ body to her love life, get all the buzz on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out what happens when a tourist bumps into a Beatle in this episode of Celebrity Encounters.Watch Video »
From Gwen Stefani to Kerry Washington, see some of Hollywood's top-secret baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen shows off her hidden talent for magic tricks while hubby John Legend plays with his new selfie stick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »