Justin Bieber won't face charge for May scuffle
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 21
- Photo: AGNY/GSI3 of 21
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks4 of 21
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 21
- Photo: @justinbieber/Twitter8 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 21
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com12 of 21
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 21
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com14 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 21
- Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images North America16 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 21
- Photo: Getty Images North America18 of 21
- Photo: Getty Images North America19 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet20 of 21
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Prosecutors decided not to file any charges against Justin Bieber after investigators found no evidence that the pop star had kicked and punched a photographer after leaving a movie theater last month, a document obtained Wednesday states.
RELATED: Celebs arrive at the AMAs
Prosecutors had been asked by police to consider filing a misdemeanor battery charge against Bieber, but Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators found no visible injuries, video or photographs to confirm the allegations by the photographer.
Bieber, 18, was leaving the theater in suburban Calabasas with girlfriend, Selena Gomez, on May 27 when he had the encounter in a parking lot.
A doctor found only superficial injuries, and deputies observed no injuries on the man after the incident, the document states.
Authorities interviewed several witnesses, but none reported seeing Bieber kick the man, and they noted that the photographer kept taking photos as the two singers left the location, according to the charge evaluation worksheet prepared by the district attorney's office.
"All the photos and video taken during this incident by the many photographers were obtained and reviewed," the document states. "There are no photos of a physical altercation."
The case was rejected on Oct. 22. The update was first reported on Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
RELATED: Justin's awkward smooch
Michael Bolton: Gaga ‘can do no wrong’
May 10: The singer raves about collaborating with Lady Gaga in writing the song "Murder My Heart"...Watch Video »
Tiffany chats with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony about her Klondike Celebrity Challenge, her song "I Think We're Alone Now" and more.Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Celebs Vamps Pose for Cosmo
'Twilight’ star Kellan Lutz and "Vampire Diaries" star Paul Wesley are just two of Cosmo's Fun...Watch Video »
Worst Fall Trends
From Jessica Simpson to Heidi Klum, check out these A-listers and their worst fall fashion duds.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWacky Yogi
From Crowd Ignite