Justin Timberlake becomes another 'swatting' victim
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: JXC/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Shelby Case/.7 of 19
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 19
- Photo: Ilpo Musto/Rex USA13 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: DS-ISM/PR/Rocstar/Fame Flynet16 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA18 of 19
Justin Timberlake became a "swatting" victim this week after police responded to a hoax report suggesting four men had entered his Los Angeles home and fired off guns.
The latest incident, on Friday, came just a day after Rihanna's home in Pacific Palisades was targeted by a prank call drawing emergency services on a fake call-out, and two days after Sean "Diddy" Combs' estate was at the center of a fake report drama.
Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department have launched a new initiative to crackdown on crank callers who "swat" the homes of celebrities. Dispatchers are being trained to help identify when a prankster reports violence in a bid to stop calls diverting resources from responding to real crimes.
RELATED: The 20 worst boy band hairstyles
A 12-year-old boy was recently charged with making false threats about supposed incidents at the homes of Justin Bieber and actor Ashton Kutcher.
Other recent swatting targets have included Simon Cowell, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna's boyfriend Chris Brown and Tom Cruise. Singer/actress Selena Gomez fell victim to a similar hoax on Friday just hours after Timberlake was targeted.
Mandy Moore does cryo therapy, plus more stars' bizarre health and beauty practices on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
See what kinds of sweet rides Justin Bieber and more celebs tool around town in.Watch Video »
Watch this exclusive sneak peek from Monday's Sept. 10 episode on the Syfy channel at 10 PM.Watch Video »
Christina Aguilera chats with Lance Bass about performing at the AMAs, her new album and a lot more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite