Justin Timberlake becomes another 'swatting' victim
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage3 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: JXC/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Shelby Case/.7 of 19
- Photo: INB/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 19
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 19
- Photo: Ilpo Musto/Rex USA13 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: DS-ISM/PR/Rocstar/Fame Flynet16 of 19
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP17 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA18 of 19
Justin Timberlake became a "swatting" victim this week after police responded to a hoax report suggesting four men had entered his Los Angeles home and fired off guns.
The latest incident, on Friday, came just a day after Rihanna's home in Pacific Palisades was targeted by a prank call drawing emergency services on a fake call-out, and two days after Sean "Diddy" Combs' estate was at the center of a fake report drama.
Officials at the Los Angeles Police Department have launched a new initiative to crackdown on crank callers who "swat" the homes of celebrities. Dispatchers are being trained to help identify when a prankster reports violence in a bid to stop calls diverting resources from responding to real crimes.
RELATED: The 20 worst boy band hairstyles
A 12-year-old boy was recently charged with making false threats about supposed incidents at the homes of Justin Bieber and actor Ashton Kutcher.
Other recent swatting targets have included Simon Cowell, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna's boyfriend Chris Brown and Tom Cruise. Singer/actress Selena Gomez fell victim to a similar hoax on Friday just hours after Timberlake was targeted.
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »