Kanye West pleads no contest in battery case
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks2 of 17
- Photo: Spartano/Fame Flynet3 of 17
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Gilbert Carrasquillo/Fame Flynet5 of 17
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram6 of 17
- Photo: KCS Presse/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: 247PapsTV/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: Instagram9 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America10 of 17
- Photo: AP11 of 17
- Photo: David Fishe/Rex USA12 of 17
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: SPH/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kanye West on pleaded no contest Monday to misdemeanor battery against a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport in a special plea in which he maintains his innocence.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian's tightest looks
West entered the plea through his attorney and did not attend the court hearing. He was sentenced to two years of probation, 24 anger management therapy sessions and 250 hours of community service.
The rapper did not reach a civil settlement with the paparazzo, and his plea cannot be used against him in a civil lawsuit.
West was charged with misdemeanor counts of battery and grand theft after an altercation at LAX with photographer Daniel Ramos in July.
Ramos claimed West punched him in an unprovoked attack and wrestled his camera to the ground during the scuffle.
Ramos is suing West and attended Monday's hearing accompanied by his lawyer, Gloria Allred.
Prosecutors declined to file felony charges against West, but city prosecutors decided to pursue misdemeanor charges. Each count carried a penalty of up to six months in jail or a $1,000 fine.
West was arrested in September 2008 after another scuffle with photographers inside a terminal at LAX, but the cases were dismissed after he completed anger management treatment and agreed to pay the photographers for broken equipment.
Earlier this year, West reached a civil settlement with a man he was accused of assaulting in a Beverly Hills medical office. The Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined to file charges, citing conflicting witness statements and the civil settlement.
The Jan. 13 altercation occurred after the 18-year-old man used a racial slur in an argument with West's fiancee, Kim Kardashian, according to a document prepared by a prosecutor. The reality starlet called West and told him about the incident and the rapper came to the building and attacked the man in a chiropractor's office, the document stated.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite