Karl Lagerfeld (Sort Of) Apologizes To Adele Over Fat Comments
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional4 of 15
- Photo: @OfficialAdele/Twitter5 of 15
- Photo: Columbia Records/.6 of 15
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Olivier Saillant/Magnum/Promotional10 of 15
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images North America11 of 15
- Photo: Karl Lagerfeld/Elle12 of 15
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital14 of 15
By Leah Ornstein - Radar Style & Beauty Editor
"I'd like to say to Adele that I am your biggest admirer," he told Metro on Wednesday.
"Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published."
Lagerfeld, who was playing guest editor for Metro on Tuesday, was asked about singer Del Rey, when he responded: “The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice.”
"I actually prefer Adele, she is my favorite singer and I am a great admirer of her," he continued in his "apology" on Wednesday.
"I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you in regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can't wait for her next CD."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
The Hottest Oscar Couples
RELATED ON RADAR:
Get out the vote
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI am a Woman
From Crowd Ignite