Katy Perry Disses Beyonce, Talks Rihanna Duet
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Denis Guignebourg/StarTraks6 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 14
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks8 of 14
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 14
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks10 of 14
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 14
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin12 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 14
Perry, 27, is in the midst of planning a duet with her BFF Rihanna. "We've collaborated on a lot of things, but just not songs yet," the "Part of Me" singer said. "It's one of those things that's got so much build up that we have to deliver."
And Perry she knows just what she doesn't want the song to sound like. "I want it to be like that Eurythmics and Aretha Franklin song 'Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves,'" she said of a classic female empowerment tune from 1985. "Not 'Beautiful Liar.'"
"Beautiful Liar" would be Beyonce's smash 2007 collaboration with Shakira, which hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
Perry added of her not-yet-record Rihanna ditty: "How disappointed would you be if that song came out and it's no good? Sometimes you have to wait for greatness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Zoe's Cute Family
Check out Zoe Saldana and husband Marco Perego's cutest family moments!Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Rachel McAdams dishes on her new 'do and the her surprisingly time consuming "Southpaw" transformation.Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out all the stars on the red carpet at the 2015 MTV Movie Awards hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »