Katy Perry performing under the Brooklyn Bridge for MTV VMAs finale
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: @katyperry/Twitter2 of 8
- Photo: Alexandre Meneghini/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Paul Drinkwater/NBC4 of 8
- Photo: Bridow/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: JXA/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Theo Kingma/Rex USA7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Roaring under the bridge! For the closing number of the MTV Video Music Awards this Sunday, Katy Perry is going down . . by the river! While Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake (and 'N Sync!) Macklemore, Ryan Lewis and many, many others will be performing inside the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, the pop superstar, 27, will be crooning offsite but nearby: Underneath the iconic Brooklyn Bridge!
A show insider tells Us Weekly exclusively that Perry will give the first live performance of her smash comeback single "Roar" (the debut single off her upcoming third pop album "Prism") underneath the city landmark after slightly different plans didn't work out. "She was supposed to perform on top of the Brooklyn Bridge but the city wouldn't give her the permit."
Perry's "Roar" sold an impressive 557,000 digital downloads in its first week of release. The sixth-largest sales week ever for a digital single and the best of Perry's career, the triumphant track far outpaced "Applause" Lady Gaga's much-anticipated lead single from her new album, "Artpop," which sold 218,000 downloads during the same week.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite