Katy Perry receives apology from Barbara Walters
- Photo: WENN1 of 18
- Photo: Â© RD/ Kabik/ Retna Digital/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: Blayze/Splash News3 of 18
- Photo: Santi/Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: RMBI SWIS/GSI5 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Paul Drinkwater/NBC8 of 18
- Photo: Heather Lang/.9 of 18
- Photo: MAXA /Landov/.10 of 18
- Photo: DS/Rocstar/Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: Bridow/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA13 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP15 of 18
- Photo: Splash News16 of 18
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN17 of 18
Katy Perry has received a formal apology from Barbara Walters after the pop star was scolded for showing up late to a special TV interview in 2011.
The singer recently revealed she had risked the wrath of the revered reporter after running behind schedule for the meeting, which occurred just weeks before her then-husband Russell Brand filed for divorce to end their one-year marriage.
She told Billboard magazine, "When I got there, I apologized immediately, but then she said to me, 'You know, I've only ever waited for one other person this long, and you know who that person was? Judy Garland. You know how she turned out, right?'"
"I was like, 'Oh, snap! Yes, [expletive] I think it's the coolest thing that Barbara Walters shaded me."
RELATED: New couple steps out in Las Vegas
Perry, who had kept her relationship woes a secret during the media chat, went on to admit that she should have pulled out of the Top 10 Most Fascinating People of 2011 interview altogether because she was facing such a tough time in her private life.
Her confessions have now prompted Walters to reach out to Perry to express her sympathies as she had no idea how much pressure the pop star had been under.
Addressing the singer's comments on "The View on Monday, Walters said, "Katy, if I made you feel at all unhappy, during a time when you were obviously unhappy, and I didn't know, I'm sorry, but you can't always know!"
RELATED: Miley Cyrus talks about her tongue
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »