Katy Perry taking Allison Williams as date to Grammys
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Picture Perfect/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: GERARDO SOMOZA/StarTraks12 of 15
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 15
Katy Perry is ditching John Mayer and taking her actress pal Allison Williams to the 2013 Grammy Awards as her date.
Perry has been dating Mayer since last year and they've recently taken their relationship to the next level by house hunting in California.
But instead of walking the red carpet as a couple, Perry has invited Girls star Williams, whose boyfriend, Ricky Van Veen, is close friends with Mayer, to accompany her to the big show on Sunday.
RELATED: Christina Aguilera's worst looks
Williams tells Anderson Cooper, "I am going to the Grammys. Katy Perry is my date. She is the hottest date. She's a friend of mine, and she's nominated, as she should be, and I can't wait to go. She's awesome. She's the best."
The news comes just two weeks after Mayer was pictured out in New York with the actress, sparking rumors of a blossoming romance. It later emerged that both stars were longtime friends.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the best over-the-top style trends worn by celebrities while at basketball games!Watch Video »
Kate Hudson shares our feelings of Adele's new single, Chrissy Teigen shows off her baby bump and more celebrity selfies of fall on Celebs Gone Social!Watch Video »
Selena Gomez rules New York Fashion Week, plus more of the best behind-the-scene posts from the week on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beckhams do L.A.
From Disneyland to Dodger Stadium, the Beckham's get touristy in Los Angeles! Get all the fun scoop on Replay.Watch Video »