Katy Perry taking Allison Williams as date to Grammys
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Picture Perfect/Rex USA1 of 15
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA2 of 15
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage8 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: GERARDO SOMOZA/StarTraks12 of 15
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 15
Katy Perry is ditching John Mayer and taking her actress pal Allison Williams to the 2013 Grammy Awards as her date.
Perry has been dating Mayer since last year and they've recently taken their relationship to the next level by house hunting in California.
But instead of walking the red carpet as a couple, Perry has invited Girls star Williams, whose boyfriend, Ricky Van Veen, is close friends with Mayer, to accompany her to the big show on Sunday.
RELATED: Christina Aguilera's worst looks
Williams tells Anderson Cooper, "I am going to the Grammys. Katy Perry is my date. She is the hottest date. She's a friend of mine, and she's nominated, as she should be, and I can't wait to go. She's awesome. She's the best."
The news comes just two weeks after Mayer was pictured out in New York with the actress, sparking rumors of a blossoming romance. It later emerged that both stars were longtime friends.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »