Katy Perry's Dad: I Have 'No Hard Feelings' Towards Russell Brand
- Photo: AP1/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Denis Guignebourg/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
No irate ex in-laws here!
Katy Perry and Russell Brand's divorce is seemingly amicable, after all -- at least according to the pop starlet's father, fundamentalist pastor Keith Hudson.
The 27-year-old "Part of Me" singer's minister parents, Keith and Mary Hudson, attended Saturday's 100th anniversary bash for the Patricia Bragg health food company in Anaheim, Calif., and her dad told Us Weekly things are anything but chilly with his former son-in-law.
"There are no hard feelings towards Russell -- I just received a text from him the other day, in fact. He is a wonderful and smart guy," Hudson said of British comic Brand, 36, who filed for divorce in late December after 14 months of marriage; the split will be finalized this June.
Returning from Paris Fashion Week imminently, "Katy is doing well just now," her dad said.
What went wrong with the oddball marriage? According to Keith, "Her career got really busy and she did not get to see that much of Russell -- it was just one of those things."
Married for 30-plus years, he and wife Mary have avoided similar pitfalls themselves, he said, thanks to a simple secret. "I always say, 'Yes, honey!'" Hudson joked.
While in Paris, Perry was romantically linked to sexy male model Baptiste Giabiconi. So far, her dad's in the dark about that rumor.
"I don't know anything about this male model guy," he said. "She is healthy and happy now!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'RHONY' Return?
From Crowd Ignite